Reborn dolls really look like real babies and many people care for them just like a real baby.
Just like any real baby, reborns should be fed using a baby bottle and formula, however, you also have a cheaper option of creating a fake bottle made using flour or detergent filler. In both cases, you can use silicon or glue to seal the lid and the baby nipple so that you can feed your doll without making a mess and to allow the bottle to be reused.
Baby Bottle Using Flour
- Fill the baby bottle with warm water and add a few tablespoons of flour into the bottle.
- The flour will naturally clump together so use a butter knife or small spoon to push it down into the water.
- Add the baby nipple on to the bottle.
- Give it a good shake and you’re done! You now have a very basic baby bottle.
Baby Bottle Using Detergent Filler
- Pour some white detergent (not see through) into the baby bottle.
- Add a drop of yellow food coloring so that the color of the liquid become more like real baby formula.
- Shake or stir the bottle to mix the detergent and the food coloring.
- Close the lid and your done!
A bottle divider comes with various baby bottles so that you can place the formula in the nipple and water in the bottle or so that you can use it to keep the formula out of the nipple for reborns. However, there is greater chance of leaking with a bottle divider and it is not as realistic. We recommend you seal your bottles with silicone glue as mentioned above.
To seal a baby bottle use some silicone glue and start by removing the lid turning the nipple inside out. Use the glue to seal the hole and then let it dry before putting the lid back on the bottle.