Today we will explore a common concern among doll collectors: the removal of pen marks and ink stains from vinyl reborn dolls. Lisa's video above shows the step-by-step process of how to effectively remove ink stains from your precious reborn doll so we recommend watching it but if you prefer a text version then continue reading.
You can get an Oxy Benzoyl Cleanser here.
Identifying the Stains
Before proceeding with the removal process, it's essential to identify the marks on your reborn doll. In this case, we have a non-painted doll with mysterious marks that could be dye transfer or ink stains. To address this issue comprehensively, we will first focus on removing ink stains from a non-painted doll. Once successful, we can then move on to painted dolls.
Gathering the Supplies
To get started, you'll need a few essential supplies. Here's what you'll require:
- Oxy Cleanser: This potent ink stain remover might not be available at your local stores. You can purchase it online, and Lisa recommends a concentration of at least 10% for optimal results.
- Cleaning wipes or soft cloth: These will come in handy for wiping off the Oxy and removing the ink stains from the doll's surface.
- Sunlight: Natural sunlight plays a crucial role in the removal process. If possible, find a sunny spot to place your doll, as the sun's rays aid in drying out and fading the ink stains.
The Ink Removal Process
Now, let's proceed with the step-by-step process to remove ink stains from your reborn doll:
- Apply Oxy Cleanser: Shake the Oxy-Tone bottle well to ensure proper mixing. Apply a generous amount of the solution directly onto the ink stains using a clean cloth or your finger. Make sure to cover the affected areas completely.
- Allow drying time: Once the Oxy is applied, let it dry on the doll's surface. If possible, place the doll in direct sunlight for a few days, as the sun's rays assist in drawing out the ink from the vinyl.
- Reapply if necessary: If the ink stains persist after the initial application, don't worry. It may take multiple attempts to completely remove the ink. Simply repeat the process, applying the Oxy and allowing it to dry in the sunlight.
- Wipe off the residue: After the drying period, use cleaning wipes or a soft cloth to gently wipe off the Oxy and any remaining ink stains. Be careful not to rub too vigorously to avoid damaging the doll's surface.
- Inspect the results: Once the residue is wiped off, carefully examine the doll's surface. You should observe a significant improvement in the ink stains. If any stains remain, you can repeat the process or explore alternative methods.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to remove pen marks and ink stains from your reborn dolls using Oxy. By following these step-by-step instructions and exercising patience throughout the process, you can restore your doll's pristine appearance. Remember, it may require multiple attempts to completely eliminate the ink stains, but with perseverance, you'll achieve excellent results.